A Cuppa a day keeps the Doctor Away..
Did you know that a cuppa, cup of tea, is a 100% NATURAL drink that contains NO Calories, Carbonates, Sodium or Fats?
What’s more, regular consumption of tea has proven to build a high density of bone minerals which in turn helps to keep your bones healthy and strong.
Tea drinking has recently proven to be associated with cell-mediated immune function of the human body. Tea plays an important role in improving beneficial intestinal microflora, as well as providing immunity against intestinal disorders and in protecting cell membranes from oxidative damage. Both green and black tea infusions contain a number of antioxidants, mainly catechins that have anti-carcinogenic, anti-mutagenic and anti-tumoric properties.
In other words, tea prevents you from diseases like Cancer, High Blood Pressure and Heart Diseases in addition to fighting against allergies and infections. Tea has a magical power to preserve youthfulness in your complexion by reducing wrinkles and all other vexing signs of aging.
Tea can enhance Energy & Endurance as it provide “extra” energy and delay fatigue, maximizing performance under stress. Tea can also enhance Longevity as it help stimulate production of “natural viral-killer” cells to enhance immune functioning and potentially guard against heart disease and lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Apart from polyphenols, tea also contains a variety of ingredients that are beneficial to one’s health. These include theanine (an amino acid unique to tea), vitamins, minerals, and methylxanthines. These are the components that are the source of the healthful properties of tea. These are known to:
- Help fight against mutagenic agents
- Delay aging
- Help fight high blood pressure
- Help fight against viral and bacterial infection
- Help improve the functions of the digestive and excretory systems
Tea reduce heart diseases
- Drinking green tea rapidly improves the health of the delicate cells lining the blood vessels and helps lower one’s risk of heart disease.
- Specifically, green tea improves the function of endothelial cells.
- Black tea is linked to short- and long-term improvements in endothelial function.
- Powerful antioxidants in green tea called flavonoids can help protect the heart.
- Tea is known to be rich in antioxidants, which help keep down cholesterol levels in the blood.
Losing weight with Tea
- Tea can burn fats naturally while increasing the metabolism, effectively preventing you from gaining weight. And, new research has shown green tea may help our bodies burn more calories, faster, which is why it’s showing up in more and more fat-loss formulas.
- Tea can enhance Fat Loss as it increases resting metabolic rate and increase the rate the body burns fat to support weight loss.
- In addition to caffeine, green tea contains catechin polyphenols that raise thermogenesis (the rate at which calories are burned), and hence increases energy expenditure.
Tea and Cancer
- There is direct evidence tea can protect against cancer in humans. The antioxidants in tea neutralize free radicals that damage the body.
- The rates of breast, colon, skin, pancreatic, esophageal and stomach cancer have been found to be lower among drinkers of green tea.
Good for Diabetes
- Tea may be a simple, inexpensive means of preventing or retarding human diabetes and the ensuing complications both kinds of tea Black and Green tea inhibited diabetic cataracts. The tea also has a blood-sugar-lowering effect. Drinking tea can improve insulin activity up to 15 times, and it can be black, green or oolong.
- Recent studies suggest that green tea catechins may reduce the amount of glucose that passes through the intestine and into the bloodstream. This will benefits diabetics by preventing blood-sugar spikes when tea is taken with meals.
Tea can reduce Stroke
- A new research suggests that by drinking two or more cups of tea a day can reduce risk of stroke. Gallotannin, a substance found in green tea, is up to 100 times more powerful than comparable existing medicines in preventing brain damage after stroke.
Stronger teeth with Tea
- Tea has fluoride for strong teeth, virtually no calories, and half the amount of caffeine found in an equally-sized cup of coffee.